Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Playin' Hooky-Weekend Recap

Last Friday Matt and I decided to take a little mini trip down to Manti. He had the day off from work, since Matt never has Saturday's off work I decided to take the day off and spend it with him.  We wanted to have a picnic in Manti but there was still snow on the ground. So instead we ate subway sandwiches in the car in the temple parking lot. Matt wanted to get the camping chairs out and sit in the parking lot, but I thought it would be a little weird.   We then did a session in the temple, we ended up being super early because I got the times mixed up. But it was nice to sit together in the temple. 


We walked up to the spot where Matt proposed to me, and took a picture. Good old self timer, you give us the best pictures. Notice the truck in the background, we were trying to stand in front of it to cover it up, but we were unsuccessful.


The whole way down to Manti we kept making faces at each other (because we are soo mature). This is Matt's favorite face. When we make this face we have to talk in a low voice while trying to move the lips as little as possible. 

This weekend we also looked at a bunch of houses. We put offers in on 2 of them. 

This house is in American Fork and in way good condition.

 This one is in Springville and we both love it! We almost didn't get to see it, the tenants didn't want to let us in  and my momma had to fight our way in.

We've had a few weird experiences with the house hunt. We've been to a bunch of weird houses! Yesterday we saw a house in Orem and we walked in on a teenage boy sleeping, or he could have been dead. We don't really know. We also saw a house last night that was super weird, it had a bunch of weird doors and rooms in weird places. Matt kept telling me it was a ghost house and they made different stair cases everywhere to confuse the ghosts.

Saturday night we babysat these kids. This picture was actually taken the last time we babysat them, they have an obsession with the walk in closet and my church shoes. They always sneak off and steal my shoes.
We made sugar cookies with them and let them decorate their own cookies. Melly really really liked to lick the frosting off the knife. She didn't even eat her cookie, she just ate the frosting. Alex was very worried about getting frosting on his fingers, so he didn't eat much of his cookies. Those silly kids.


This is a video of Melly telling me the name of her Hello Kitty stuffed animal. It makes me laugh every time I watch it. 





That was pretty much our weekend. It was a really good weekend spent together having fun!
Just a quick mental image to leave you with. Yesterday Matt and I were driving and saw a road kill clean up truck carrying a trailer full of dead deer. Piles and piles of dead deer. I am still traumatized.

3 comments:

  1. Melynn even laughs while watching that video. She keeps saying "it's spanish". quite entertaining. Also I love the photo of them in your shoes. very funny. The houses look great. I really like the one in American Fork, it looks huge.
    -Wendi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that she burped mid way through and at the end that she asked if you were ready to take a picture at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. bahahaha oh this whole post is awesome. cracks me up. pretty sure the only things i hear melly say were johansen and cheesy burritos. love it!
    -calpal

    ReplyDelete