Sunday, March 6, 2011

I'm a birthday boy!

Matt hates attention, especially on his birthday. So of course, I give him way too much attention! Today is Matthew's 23rd birthday! He is gettin' so old! He had to work today, so we celebrated his birthday last night. Momma and Poppa Kirk gave us a tent since our last one got stolen/we lost it. We hadn't used our tent yet, so that set the grounds for our theme for the evening. We had an indoor camp out!

We ate hot dogs for dinner, since we were camping (that is the only time I will ever eat hot dogs, I think my hate for them goes back to my childhood when we got all the left over hot dogs from the ward BBQ. We spent a whole summer eating hot dogs every day. Yuck!). We also had s'mores and a bunch of candy (Matt looooves candy).



I bought Matt a sander and the shirt he is wearing. He thinks the sander is for him, but I know I will end up using it just as much as him on my projects.

I wanted to make a Kit Kat cake with Kit Kats along the sides, but I was too cheap and didn't want to spend the big bucks on kit kats (they are like $3.50 a bag! Outrageous!) So I made a chocolate cake with milky way and heath bar in the middle.


I made a video tribute to Matt for his birthday, for some reason it won't let me upload it. So check out my facebook,if you haven't already seen it. Happy Birthday to Matt! You are such an amazing person and the love of my life!

1 comment:

  1. Your indoor campout sounds fun. Wonder where you ever came up with an idea like that???

    ReplyDelete