Sunday, January 22, 2012

Wainscoting


Since we moved in we've done a lot of work to our house! One of the projects that I was most excited about was the wainscoting in the kitchen. Last summer Matt and I went to the Parade of Homes and saw tons of cool wainscoting/board and batten. I've also seen it done a few times on blogs, and wanted to do it myself! Here is the before picture of our house before we bought it. Super ugly and super gross. 


Here is our during picture of the wainscoting. My amazing husband worked so hard on it while I was at work, and all I had to do when I got home was paint. He also likes to pose in pictures acting like he is hurt. His acting skills are phenomenal, I hope you didn't believe that he was actually hurt!



Here is the after picture of the wainscoting.



 I love how it brightens up the whole kitchen. I love it! We did the wainscoting a few months ago, so the pictures are a little out dated with our tiny old table.  But I'm too lazy to go take a new picture with our table, you'll just have to imagine it. 

1 comment: