Thursday, January 19, 2012

Farm House Table... Kirk Style.

I don't like to brag, but Matt and I are pretty much awesome at recreating other people's ideas and acting like  it was our idea.  I will stalk blogs and pinterest for weeks looking for the perfect project for us. Then I will tell Matt my crazy idea, and he figures out how to make it possible. I like to think that I am crafty and handy, but really I am just cheap and I hate paying for things that I think I can make.

My latest and greatest obsession was a farm house table. I originally saw the farm house table on one of my favorite blogs. Ever since then I couldn't get it out of my mind, I wanted that farm house table and I wanted it now.  It looked so easy to make, so I assumed I could do it! And for Christmas Matt gave me a coupon book stating that he will help me with any crazy projects I can come up with. That put me over the edge to start the project immediately! My parents had give us an old table a few months back that I knew would be perfect for the project.

The table definitely needed some love. It's previous owner, Eric, did some real damage to it. Don't mind the horrible quality of pictures. I was sanding, so there is dust in the air. Here is the before...




The during picture...


Here is the after.
 We tried not to match the stain to the floor, but it ended up matching it almost identically. 




The table turned out even better than I had imagined it! I love it!!

5 comments:

  1. That is incredible! You guys did an awesome job! I love doing similar crafts and such, too. We should (or probably shouldn't) get together some time and plan and craft together :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could have done it better :) tell Matt! Haha I'm jk :) nicely done

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have seen it and can vouch for how great it looks! Good job honey! Matt--you are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who woulda thunk Eric's old table could ever look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm addicted to you guy's projects!

    ReplyDelete