Friday, September 1, 2017

Hutch 3 Months



Hutch is 3 months old! I'm not sure what I did to get so lucky to be blessed with the sweetest baby ever! But I also think that any baby would seem sweet and mild compared to twins. 


This month Hutch rolled over for the first time! It was a day Matt was working from home, so we all paraded up into the office and patiently waited for Hutch to roll from his tummy to his back. And he didn't disappoint. Then we all cheered and hooped and hollered. His brothers are his biggest cheer leaders! 


Hutch has been doing more tummy time and getting that neck muscle strong. He has great control of his head too. 
He still loves to be held, and loves lots of attention. He loves to smile at everyone and his eyes light up when he sees Matt or I. His eye lashes have also grown really long, its the one thing everyone comments on. And he's only been mistaken for a girl once or twice because of it ;)

He still sleeps so well! I am constantly surprised that he does so well at night. We put him down between 7:30 or 8:00 and then he usually goes 8+ hours before waking up. Some nights he'll sleep till 5:30 or 6 and that's just heaven! 


I took him in for a weight check up because he still seems so small. He hasn't gained much weight this last month (less than half a pound), and it was putting him in the 1% for weight. So we are going to work on helping him gain weight and then check his weight again in a week. The Dr. isn't too worried since he looks healthy and isn't acting fussy. The Dr even said that its probably just a fluke and thinks he'll have gained weight by next week. So we're hoping he will start putting on the pounds! 

Hutch went on his first camping trip last month! We went down to Pine Valley with my family. 

And when I say "camping" I mean that Matt and the twins slept in a tent while Hutch and I slept in a cabin with my mom. 



And it rained one night and everyone slept so horribly because of the lightening and thunder and the rain pounding down on the tents and water getting into the tent. And I slept in the cabin and neither Hutch or I realized it had rained that night because we slept so good. Did I feel bad in the morning when everyone was complaining about the rough night? Not really. :)


I was worried about how Hutch would do on the drive, since it was a 4 hour drive. Hutch really hates the car, so that was a concern. But we managed to pack our stuff in tight so that I could sit in the very back of the car with Hutch and help him as needed. He did so good, I was amazed at how well he did! He just keeps exceeding my expectations of a baby (does that mean he'll be a hard toddler??)


It was such a fun family camping trip! And it was the first time all of my family had been together in almost 2 years. So that was really great!



We've also been checking off the final things on our Summer Bucket list. One of my favorite activities (and Matt's least favorite) is berry picking! 


We had fun raspberry picking at a patch in Mapleton. Lots of berry tasting was going on too. 


And all of those berries were gone within 2 days of picking them. They were just that delicious! 



The boys finished up potty training a few months ago and earned the reward of going to a Monster Truck show. 


(I should get a beach vacation for potty training while 9 months pregnant too!)


They were SOOOO excited! They went to the same show last year and have been talking about it every since. They do not forget when it comes to Monster Trucks! The show did not disappoint! It was definitely the highlight of the boys summer!



My cousin got married this last month, it was a beautiful outdoor wedding reception. We had a lot of fun visiting with family and showing off Hutch. My Grandpa Johansen and his wife Josie holding Hutch. 



My Dad and Carter. Handsome men! 


Unintentionally matching, the twins were the lady killers of the wedding reception. 



We said goodbye to my brother Eric and his wife Charlie. They are heading back to Hawaii for another million years or so. 


We loved having them here this summer! It was so fun having them around and hanging out and seeing them whenever we wanted. Now we'll have to go to Hawaii to see them next! 



We've had a lot of fun going on play dates with friends and getting out and enjoying the last bits of summer. 


Hutch has been tagging along and being the best sport about going with the flow. 



We are going to be really sad when Summer is over. It's my absolute favorite time of the year! 




Next month- the boys start preschool (Hallelujah!!!!!), and a trip down to see cousins! 

1 comment:

  1. Such cute pics! I love his smile and how he reacts to us now! He's so precious! What a fun and busy month for the whole family. Was that a lizard caressing Hutch's cheek in one of the pics? Hutch is a trooper!

    ReplyDelete